- Highly visible role within the organisation working alongside industry leaders in a variety of specialised fields with potential for future global experiences.
- Centrally located in West Perth, with bus stations, train stations, and bike paths are all easily accessible.
- Fun & exciting work environment with passion and innovation at the forefront of everything we do. If this resonates with you, then you will be a perfect addition to the team.
Avicena is a rapidly growing, Australian medical technology company. Avicena has received backing from the Western Australian, and Australian Federal governments, and is the recipient of multiple awards including the 2021 WA INCITE Innovator of the Year.
Avicena has a product portfolio focussed around low-cost ultra-high throughput LAMP-based pathogen screening systems, with the capability to transform the medical diagnostics industry.
Avicena deployed machines around the world and is now seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing team to create a world-class manufacturing capability in Perth.
About the role
The role is located centrally in West Perth
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing Avicena manufacturing processes & systems. This includes but is not limited to;
- Early prototype manufacturing
- Improving the current Avicena Sentinel product manufacturing process and systems
- Testing and validating relevant processes and procedures
- Leading Lean and Design for Manufacture (DFM) initiatives
- Generating a digital assembly blueprint that will enable future global growth and will be aligned with the appropriate quality and regulatory requirements.
The role is part of the manufacturing and engineering team with the successful individual reporting directly to our Senior Vice President of Manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to collaborate across Avicena’s multifunctional team to generate solutions for world-class manufacturing here in Perth. The key responsibilities of the role include;
- Lead the development of the Avicena product manufacturing
- The creation and commissioning of a full manufacturing assembly process
- Support the commissioning, deployment and ongoing maintenance of the production facilities where required including the specification, purchasing and installation of new equipment.
- Planning and organising maintenance schedules
- Aide in solving production problems
- Ensure the finished products are compliant with specifications and regulatory controls.
- Support all appropriate documentation paperwork and inspection forms required by International Standards and also by the customer and/or site requirements
- General ad-hoc duties as required.
You will be an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with flexibility and initiative. You will bring with you a ‘hands-on’ attitude, with experience in introducing new processes and products in a diverse and cross-functional team. You will also possess:
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the product manufacturing field
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing
- Familiarity with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods
- Experience in the creation of new assembly facilities and or systems.
- Ability to produce work with 3D models and detailed manufacturing drawings
- Extensive experience using GD&T (understanding, reading, and applying)
- Experience in Risk management in a production environment
- Work collaboratively as part of the multifunctional Avicena team with a positive attitude
- Be passionate about getting projects done on time and solving problems using proven techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
Ready to become part of the Avicena Systems team?
If you are interested in joining our growing and dynamic team, please apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a short cover letter along with your resume.